…Be a more engaged leader. An inspired leader is a lot more efficient and their people are bound to follow them without question. Employee engagement is an important trait of any successful leader. When the employee feels recognized an organization benefits in many ways (like employee retention), some seem and some not. Here is a quick list of 25 leadership quotes that we like.
1. People will first buy into the leader before they buy into the vision
2. Successful companies are those that proactively reinvent themselves .
3. What good is having a belly with no fire in it? Wake up, drink your passion, light a match and get to work
4. An excellent business does not believe in excellence. Only in constant development and change
5. Good communication is the foundation of collaborative work, which is how all important problems get solved. People working together
6. Inspire the people around you by giving them self-confidence. It is the greatest thing a leader can do.
7. A creative leader always questions authority, even when it’s their own
8. A successful leader today will aim to influence his people, rather than be a figure of authority.
9. A leader is not good because they are right, they are good because they are willing to learn and to trust
10. A quietly confident person makes the best leader.
11. People who can focus get things done, people who can prioritize get the right things done
– John Maeda
12. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning
13. Everyone has an idea. But it’s really about executing the idea and getting the right people to help you work on it
14. You just don’t drift into better behavior. You must be intentional and deliberate
15. De-clutter your mind before you de-clutter the mind of another.
16. When you were made a leader, you were not given a crown. You were given the responsibility to bring out the best in others
17. Getting something wrong does not mean that you have failed, it simply means that you have learned what does not work
18. In the mind of great leaders, continuous poor performance is a matter of miscasting.
19. Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find customers buying from them, not you.
20. Too little confidence and you are unable to act. Too much confidence and you are unable to hear
– John Maeda
21. There will be no female leaders in the future. There will be just great leaders.
22. A good leader must sometimes humor and command as well.
23. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic.
24. Consider the mistakes you did yesterday. But don’t dwell on them today. Correct them and remain focused in your journey to greatness.
25. A great leader is aware of what others are doing. Is not afraid to acknowledge their success and encourage them in their pursuits.